Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bantry, County Cork, Ireland Saturday 14th August 2010

On Saturday i went over to Bantry, County Cork where the latest round of the Irish Slalom Series was being held. I got there a 9am to see there wasn't alot of wind. I decided to rig up my 9.0m KA Race and get my Starboard Phantom ready as the forcast for the day was for light winds from the North West. I had a few things that needed to sort out with my kit so when the fun races started i lent my Starboard Phantom to Steve Flannagan and my Lorch Formula Board to my KA Sails team mate Daniel Macaulay and Steve dominated all the races with Daniel not to far behind in 3rd place.

Just after lunch i decided to head out into Bantry Bay and have a cruise around. It was hard going in the strong current as i was heading upwind past Widdy Island and as i was getting near to rounding it the wind started to die off and as i would be out of the line of sight of the rescue crews and the possibility of getting stuck the other side if the wind dropped altogether i decided to head back to the event site.

I had a great time on the water and the more i sail the Phantom the more i like it. Also the scenery around the bay is stunning and if you ever get the chance to visit this part of Ireland do so as you will not regret that you came here.

2 comments:

  1. Nice trip!! I also enjoy to travel on my iSonic 111. Only my iS111 needs a bit more wind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mate, that's the good thing about the Phantom, you can get out in any wind and go for a cruise :D

    ReplyDelete