Sunday, June 19, 2011

West Kirby, Merseyside, UK Monday 13th June 2011


On my way back to Ireland the forecast was looking great for West Kirby so i decided to re book my ferry to a later sailing and drove up to West Kirby on Sunday evening to sleep there overnight and be ready for a full days sailing on Monday. When i woke up on Monday morning the forecasted wind wasn't there so i went to get some breakfast and wait and see what the wind was going to do. West Kirby is a spot i have always wanted to sail at and finally on one of my trips to the UK there was some wind forecasted from the right direction.

Around 11am the wind started to pick up and was averaging 14-15 knots so i decided to use my Starboard I Sonic 111 with 38cm Vector Fins Maui Rockit fin and 7.3m KA Koncept, got into my wetsuit and hit the water. On my first run down the wall i was nicely powered up so i decided to head straight in and got my I Sonic 86 with 29cm Vector Fins Maui Delta Speed fin and went back out with the same 7.3m KA Koncept and for the next 3-4 hours i had great fun seeing how close i could get to the wall until i had to come of the water and pack up to leave and catch my ferry.

I managed a 32 knot peak speed which considering the light winds i was happy with but after seeing the potential of this place for me i will definitely will be going back there on a decent forecast

No comments:

Post a Comment